NTA Congratulates Courier Distinguished Dozen
January 6, 2015
Courier, the official monthly magazine for members of the National Tour Association, has announced the winners of its 2015 Distinguished Dozen. Winners in 12 categories of destinations, attractions, hotels and restaurants were selected by NTA tour operators as favorites. Voting was conducted at the end of 2014 byCourier and NTA Services Inc., the publisher of NTA products.
“With the world of experiences that NTA members provide, it is a special thing to be singled out in this way,” said Penny Whitman, Courier editor in chief. “NTA tour operators package diverse destinations with many partners providing excellent service and experiences. But the winning destination and supplier partners have provided something above and beyond, which motivated NTA tour operators to vote for them in this year’s Distinguished Dozen survey.”
Gold winners of each category are listed below:
- Favorite Big City Destination: New York City, NYC & Company
- Favorite Group-friendly Hotel: Drury Hotels, headquartered in Saint Louis
- Favorite Destination for Adventure: Banff Lake Louise Tourism in Alberta, Canada
- Favorite Theater or Show Venue: Grand Ole Opry Entertainment Group in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Favorite Scenic Railroad: Conway Scenic Railroad; North Conway, New Hampshire
- Favorite Group-friendly Restaurant: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store; headquartered in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Favorite Museum for Groups: J. Paul Getty Museum; Los Angeles
- Favorite Sightseeing Cruise Company: Boston Duck Tours
- Favorite Big Ship or River Cruising Company: Norwegian Cruise Line, based in Miami
- Favorite Faith-based Destination: Israel, and the Israel Ministry of Tourism
- Favorite Culinary Destination: Hudson Valley/Dutchess County Tourism in New York
- Favorite Casino or Gaming Property: Beau Rivage by MGM Resorts International in Biloxi, Mississippi
Along with these Gold winners, Courier named Silver and Bronze winners for each category in a feature in the January issue. NTA President Pam Inman will recognize Gold winners Jan. 20 at a luncheon in New Orleans during Travel Exchange, NTA’s annual convention.