NTA China Inbound Program
NTA is your verified source for U.S. inbound travel resources and the leader in facilitating Chinese leisure group travel to the United States. Since 2007 private sector travel associations based in the U.S. have been permitted to submit lists of qualified tour operators to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China. The associations must attest that these operators can ensure the highest quality experience for visitor groups. This is the most secure and most rewarding method of attracting visitors from China to your business. NTA is the only U.S.-based trade association with a tour operator qualification program approved by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China. By joining the China Inbound Program, members can learn about Chinese leisure travel to the U.S., and tour operators can complete the application to participate in this special program.
China Inbound resources
Use the following resources to learn more about this NTA initiative:
- China Inbound Program — Registered Tour Companies.
- The Best of the USA directory for the China market
- Best Practices for Tour Operators Serving the China Leisure Group Travel Market.
- For assistance regarding Chinese group leisure travelers receiving visas to travel to the United States, please contact CIUbeijing@state.gov.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about non-immigrant visas to the United States, click here.
- China Travel Monitor Research Report | $799
- The China Travel Monitor program is a research study conducted by Dr. Xiang (Robert) Li with Temple University, to help the American travel industry track the growth and trends of the Chinese outbound travel market, and identify key issues in Chinese tourists’ travel experiences in the U.S.
- NTA Members can purchase the report for $649, a $150 savings.
- Sponsor future reports: email Dr. Robert Li to learn more about the benefits.
NTA China Market Services
Chinese Translation Service
Get “China ready” with marketing materials translated in Chinese. Whether you’re preparing Chinese brochures, maps, tour guides, signs or restaurant menus, NTA has native Chinese-speaking staff who can assist with your translation needs. Fee: $150 per page
DMO/Supplier Consulting Service
China has been a key international inbound market for NTA in the past decade, and the association has gained a lot of knowledge on how the market works. If you’re a seller of travel looking to tap into or expand the China market, NTA provides consultation service and can assist you in best practices. Fee: $1,500
Are you working with Chinese tour operators and tourists and want to know more about their culture and etiquette? NTA has a solid grasp on the differences between Chinese and American cultures. We can help you educate your staff or members to better work with Chinese tourists and travel trade. Fee: $1,000 (transportation and lodging not included)
China Inbound Tour Operator Fam Trip Service
There’s no better way to show what you have to offer by organizing a Fam trip for China inbound tour operators. With its China Inbound Program, NTA can help you find the preferred tour operator candidates for your trip and assist you in building itineraries that appeal to them. Fee: $1,000
China Preferred Partner Program
Are DMOs and suppliers ready for the China market? To help sellers of travel be better prepared for the booming China market and to enhance promotion and sales to the Chinese travel trade, NTA launched a China Preferred Partner Program in 2018. Check it out at NTAchinapartner.com! Benefits of being a China Preferred Partner:
- Listed as NTA China Preferred Partner online (accessible and promoted to Chinese travel trade)
- Certificate, special logos and trademarks
- Access to knowledge base of China and its cultures
- Informed with China market insights and best practices for serving the market
- Marketing opportunities to China Inbound Program registered tour operators and Chinese trade
- Marketing tools and tips provided by NTA, Corporate Partners and associate members
- Upheld in high regard in NTA promotions and publications
- Discounts in various NTA and NTA partners’ services
After joining the program, NTA will assist you in meeting the requirements for becoming a certified China Preferred Partner by:
- Preparing Mandarin language materials (maps, brochures, signs, Chinese website, menu, etc.)
- Adopting one of the China market services (WeChat etc.)
- Participating in NTA’s China promotion or event
- Accepting Chinese payment
- Annual fee for NTA members: $299
- Annual fee for non-NTA members: $1,499
China Inbound Facts
Through NTA, the U.S. welcomes group leisure Chinese travelers. The United States and China have signed an agreement to facilitate Chinese group leisure travel to the United States. This agreement provides the necessary framework to permit group leisure travel from China to the United States. NTA currently has over 200 China inbound tour operators in its membership. Chinese regulations restrict companies from organizing and marketing package tours for leisure purposes to countries that do not have agreements in place, often referred to as Approved Destination Status agreements (ADS). This Memorandum of Understanding fulfills this purpose without changing existing laws or policies of the United States, including the issuance of visas. China Travel Facts and Figures:
- According to ITA-NTTO, in 2016, 2.97 million Chinese travelers visited the United States, spending $34.8 billion.
- China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.5 million in 2019.
- By 2021, China is projected by the U.S. National Travel and Tourism Office to become the third-largest inbound market, sending some 5.7 million visitors to U.S. destinations.
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015