We teamed up with Visit San Antonio to plan an extremely fun and productive Travel Exchange ’17 for attendees, Dec. 14-18. And we have. Click the button below to watch the first video episode of TREXtra to get a sneak peek at our host city and the Icebreak event at Witte Museum.
And, as always, here are the key dates you don’t want to miss before we head to Texas:
- Oct. 10: Last day for operators to register and be eligible for full rebate.
- Oct. 11: Appointment scheduling opens
- Nov. 28: Schedules posted, Direct Request opens.
- Dec. 8: Direct Request closes.
- Dec. 14: Helloooooooo Texas!
NTA entered into a strategic partnership with U.S. Travel Association’s Experience Network to provide valuable education content at Travel Exchange. The Network showcases Jay Baer—internet pioneer and New York Times bestselling author—who’ll provide his marketing and customer service insights as our Opening Ceremony & Breakfast keynote and in an interactive session Saturday, Dec. 16.
TREX education is built on four tracks: Sales & Marketing, Business Solutions, Market R&D and NTA Community. View the lineup of professional development seminars, and make plans to attend your must-sees. Updates to the education program are made frequently, so check back regularly.
Sometimes, a well-earned night of sleep is every bit exciting as a productive day on the show floor or a fun evening with your friends. If you haven’t already, go ahead and reserve your room in the NTA block at the Marriott Rivercenter.
Use the buttons below to book your room, or reserve it over the phone at 800.364.8064. And always feel free to reach out NTA’s Laura Scott with any questions that may come up.
Meet your fellow Travel Exchange first-time attendees at the First-timer Dine-around! This is the perfect opportunity for you to network with a new group of travel professionals in a casual setting.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 16, 7 p.m.
- Where: Saltgrass Steakhouse, 502 Riverwalk, San Antonio, TX 78205
- Cost: $40 per person, includes bread, salad, soda, shared appetizer, entree, dessert and two alcoholic drinks
At the TREX17 Icebreaker we’ll celebrate San Antonio’s past, present and future with plenty of holiday cheer! We invite you out for an unforgettable evening of festive networking with industry friends and holiday-inspired eats and treats at the amazing new Witte Museum. From deep in the heart of Texas, at this opening event you’ll discover what makes San Antonio the best place to meet, learn and play.
Summer may be coming to an end, but with the fall comes Travel Exchange sponsorship deals exclusive to September and October. Click the one that works best for you!
September Deal of the Month
Buy a full-page ad in November Courier, get a free Travel Exchange registration bag insert.
October Deal of the Month
Sponsor an ad in the Travel Exchange On-site Guide, get one month of NTA Online banner ads FREE.
We all love some good Tex-Mex, but San Antonio is priding themselves on Tex-Next these days. When you’re not enjoying one of the tasty meals we have planned for you at our evening events, explore the flavors of the city during the Dine-around nights with your new pals and business partners.
Refer a prospect who joins NTA or recruit one yourself by Oct. 1, and you’ll get $50. And, for every one of these new members who signs up for TREX17 in the same time frame, you’ll get an additional $50. Just Bring One for an easy $100 in your pocket! Send your member referrals to NTA’s Debbi Alley.
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015