NTA Young Professionals
NTA Top 5 Young Professionals Award
The NTA Young Professionals Advisory Group has awarded two classes of NTA Top 5 Young Professionals. The first being at Travel Exchange ’17 in St. Louis, with the second at TREX17 in San Antonio. We’re excited to award five more deserving YPs the award at TREX18 in Milwaukee. Nov. 4–8.
NTA Top 5 YP Eligibility and Selection Process
- NTA member 40 years of age or younger.
- Can be nominated by any NTA member
- Only one candidate per organization
- Demonstrates commitment and passion for the industry
- Recognized for leadership and efforts beyond their job
- Attended at least one NTA event (Travel Exchange, Contact, Meet-up, Destination Capitol Hill)
Nomination & Selection Process
The committee will oversee the call for nominations and select the winners with final approval from the NTA Board of Directors. Awards will be presented at Travel Exchange ’18 in Milwaukee during a luncheon. Award winners will be published in Courier.
2017 NTA Top 5 Young Professionals (Two classes)
At Travel Exchange ’17 in San Antonio we presented the NTA Top 5 Young Professionals Award to the winners below, pictured with NTA Chair Jay Smith.
From left to right: NTA Chair Jay Smith, Sports Travel and Tours; Stephanie Dilling, Wells Gray Tours; Roger Dudley, Experience Columbus; Melissa McClure, Visit Fairfax; Christina Werner, Custom Holidays; Peter Waugh, Broadway Inbound
At Travel Exchange ’17 in St. Louis we presented the NTA Top 5 Young Professionals Awards for the very first time. Our inaugural winners are pictured below.
From left to right: Dave Nitkiewicz, Experience Grand Rapids; Michelle Tupman, Great Canadian Holidays Inc.; Lisa Itel, Travel Oregon; LouAnna Henton, Nashville CVB; Fraser Neave, Wells Gray Tours Ltd.
2018 NTA Young Professionals Advisory Group
To advise on networking, benefits, education, and business opportunities that will be of specific interest to young professionals, e.g. millennials and Gen Xers.
- Chair | Justin Osbon, Image Tours, Inc.
- Patrick Bourque, York County CVB
- Katie Campbell, Staunton CVB
- Stephanie Dilling, Wells Gray Tours, Ltd.
- Roger Dudley, Experience Columbus
- Brittany Dykla, Brilliant Edventures
- Julie Elias, Academic Travel Abroad
- Jordan Hathaway, Embassy Suites Seattle/North Lynnwood
- Ashley Kingman, Travel Portland
- Jason Murray, Southwest Adventure Tours
- Hannah Oliver, Visit Loudoun
- Jennifer Riddell, Kentucky Derby Museum
- Lindsay Seybert, Visit Albuquerque
- Michelle Tupman, Great Canadian Holidays, Inc.
- Christina Werner, Custom Holidays
YP Meet-up at Travel Exchange ’18 in Milwaukee
All young professionals of NTA are welcome to join us for our YP Meet-up at Travel Exchange ’18 in Milwaukee.
- When: Tuesday, Nov. 6
- Time and place TBD
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015