U.S. Pavilion ‘Sought Out’ in Sea of Exhibitors | Webinar to Help Tour Operators Access 9/11
July 26, 2011
U.S. Pavilion ‘Sought Out’ in Sea of Exhibitors
Webinar to Help Tour Operators Access 9/11 Memorial
It’s Time to Update Your Most Important Marketing Tool
Save Money on Your Payroll Processing with this NTA-Exclusive Summer Promotion!
Kudos to Members Referring New Members
Tourism Cares presents at Travelers’ Philanthropy Conference
Courier to Cover New Topics in October Issue
Industry News and Updates
The China International Travel Mart, organized by the China National Tourism Administration, is the largest travel/tourism show in Asia. This year, CITM will be in Kunming, Oct. 27–30, and is expected to attract travel professionals from all over Asia and the rest of the world.
"CITM is an important show for any U.S. destination or supplier wanting to attract Chinese visitors," said Haybina Hao, NTA director of international development. "The U.S. is the No. 1 preferred destination for Chinese tourists, so the U.S. Pavilion at CITM is a sought-out exhibit among a vast sea of exhibitors."
The show is expected to attract more than 100,000 visitors, including the travel trade as well as consumers.
NTA is hosting the U.S. Pavilion at CITM this year and is offering the following packages for members wanting to attract this lucrative market.
NTA CITM Early Bird package (ends Aug. 5), US$3,995
- A standard show booth (approx. 9’x10′) in the U.S. Pavilion (includes translated signage)
- Translation plus 1,000 copies of your single-sheet flyer (US$750 value)
- Display ad on the NTA Visit USA Center Web site for one month following the show (US$500 value)
NTA CITM package after Aug. 5, US$4,295
- A standard show booth (approx. 9’x10′) in the U.S. Pavilion (includes translated signage).
- Half off a display ad on the NTA Visit USA Center Web site for one month following the show (US$250 value)
(Flyer translation and production will be available for an additional US$750)
Following a private ceremony on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the 9/11 Memorial opens to the public on September 12, 2011, in New York City. The Memorial opens amid construction on surrounding World Trade Center projects. While this construction continues, a timed reservation system will be used to facilitate access.
The 9/11 Memorial welcomes group visits and is taking reservations now. To learn about the 9/11 Memorial, how to arrange parking and visitor passes for your groups, and what to expect on your visit to the 9/11 Memorial, join us at 4 p.m. ET on Aug. 11 for a 30-minute Webinar.
To reserve a spot in the Webinar, e-mail Ken Goode, NTA communications and marketing coordinator.
Appointment scheduling for Convention ’11 opens August 16 … is your profile ready for business? Your profile is your most important marketing tool when it comes to Convention! With a complete and updated profile, you’ll receive more qualified appointment requests to make the most of your time in Vegas. To update your profile:
- Log in to http://www.ntaonline.com/.
- Click on "Update Your Profile."
- Customize your profile: edit your company description and company contact information, add your company logo, list product needs, choose your top destinations and add photos of your product.
Turn some heads by updating your profile today, and attract the types of partners that will make your business better.
If you have any questions about updating your profile, contact NTA Member Relations at 800.682.8886 or by e-mail at headquarters@NTAstaff.com.
Let NTA Corporate Partner ADP manage your back-office this summer, and you can get up to $400 cash back on your payroll processing fees.
You will also get:
- Payroll that goes with you—with ADP you can process your payroll online or use an iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone or Android device.
- Confidence that your payroll taxes are accurate and paid on time.
- Multiple options to pay your employees—checks, direct deposit or pay cards.
- HR tools to help you with changing HR regulations.
To take advantage of this offer, contact Jeremy Dyer with ADP (and identify yourself as an NTA member) at 866.506.9447 or by e-mail at Jeremy_Dyer@adp.com.
For more information on other benefits NTA members receive from ADP, click here.
The growth and diversification of your association helps give NTA a stronger voice in the industry and provides you with expanded product and potential business partners.
The following members have taken an active role in building NTA by referring a new company that joined the association:
- Adam Feehan of Reno Tahoe referred new member Diane Rettos of Horizon Casino Resort.
- Linda Fagan of The Florida Aquarium referred new member Laura Lothridge of Starlite Cruises.
- Judy Wood of Metropolitan Tucson Convention & Visitors Bureau referred new member Judy Stout of Radisson Suites Tucson.
You can help expand the NTA family, too, and earn cash doing it! August is Member Referral Month! That means for referrals you make during August you’ll receive US$100 for each one who becomes an NTA member before November 1. See details here.
While this special bonus is only available during August, you can refer new members any time during the year and still make some cash. For each new member you refer during the other 11 months, you’ll receive a US$25 gift card when they join—PLUS your name will be entered into a drawing this November to have your 2012 membership dues paid in full.
Bruce Beckham, Tourism Cares executive director, recently attended the Travelers’ Philanthropy Conference, where some of the world’s most influential travel organizations gathered to discuss ways that the travel and tourism industry can contribute to the betterment of society.
Tourism Cares, NTA’s official charity, is unique in the world of travel and tourism philanthropy as it not only gives back through grants to save sites around the world, but it also fosters the education of the future travel and tourism workforce. And by organizing volunteer projects, Tourism Cares also demonstrates the tourism industry’s desire to preserve natural, cultural and historic treasures.
"There are several large and caring companies that are very involved in travel philanthropy and do amazing things around the world," Beckham said. "Tourism Cares does similar things by bringing together many travel, tourism and hospitality organizations—large and small—to impact our world. And we have the members of organizations like NTA to thank for that."
For more information, see the Tourism Cares Web site.
If it’s new and hot, NTA members find out about in Courier.
The October issue includes a new Music, Music, Music feature, highlighting NTA’s musically inclined members, ranging from music-themed destinations to attractions made famous for their music. And, with NTA co-locating its Convention with UMA in 2013, the upcoming Working with UMA Members article is sure to attract many eyes with helpful tips for members on how they can do big business at Convention ’13.
The issue will also have a Gay & Lesbian Travel feature and destinations coverage (Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont, Connecticut & Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Great Plains [Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota] and London & Paris).
Promote yourself in the October issue of Courier and tell NTA’s 1,500 tour operators all about what you have to offer. Contact email@example.com or 859.264.6559 today to learn more!
- For a comprehensive look at international visitor spending in the United States, see the newly revised United States Travel and Tourism Exports, Imports, and the Balance of Trade report for 2010 from the Office of Travel and Tourism Industries. Also available from OTTI is the Top 10 International Markets: Visitation and Spending report for 2010.
- And for a look at U.S. travel and tourism spending during the first quarter of 2011, see this report from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Already boasting 14 destinations recognized as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, Japan added two more this summer: the historic temple town of Hiraizumi and the Ogasawara Islands.
Travel Alberta is hiring for two positions of Business Development Director to support the tourism marketing efforts of Alberta, Canada, within the United States of America. Travel Alberta is the provincial tourism marketing organization for the Province of Alberta.
Successful candidates will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and supporting relationships with travel trade accounts and promoting Alberta through various sales and marketing initiatives and strategic marketing partnerships. Daily and project-related work will focus on geographic regions within eastern or western United States. Travel within the United States and to/from Alberta is required.
Positions will be filled through a formal Request for Proposal (RFP) process closing July 22, 2011. For information on the RFP and scope of work and deliverables, please visit:
Click here for the Tuesday archive.