How to Volunteer in Orlando at Travel Exchange
October 18, 2012
Travel Exchange volunteers are the backbone of the event. Whether you’re an NTA convention veteran or first-timer, we need you! Plus, it’s a good opportunity for you to meet and network with other attendees. There are volunteer opportunities throughout the show week and we suggest you sign up to volunteer with an NTA friend or two—it’s all about having a great time, learning and building relationships.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Convention greeters—Welcome your peers, help point them in the right direction and hand out Convention Daily Newsletters.
- Convention registration—Hand out registration bags and badges and answer general questions.
- Luncheon/Opening Ceremony volunteers—Assist with pre-dining set-up of centerpieces and promotional materials from sponsors.
- Seminar monitors—Serve as the contact person for a featured speaker, count the number of seminar attendees and (possibly) introduce speakers.
- Mentors for Tourism Cares students—Share your NTA and industry experience with the 2012 Tourism Cares scholarship recipients by allowing them to shadow you during your appointments.
- Tourism Rocks event—No one throws a party quite like Tourism Cares, and you can help make this fundraising, networking event a success by working as a volunteer.
You can sign up to volunteer here. You’ll need to be registered first, though; go here to register. Questions about volunteering? Email NTA Headquarters or call 800.682.8886 (U.S. & Canada) or +1 859.264.6540.