Big Ups to San Diego; Photos from Contact Now on Facebook
August 22, 2012
We’re back from Contact ’12 and feeling Oh so refreshed! Got to hand it to San Diego for doing an amazing job at hosting this year’s tour operator retreat: Thank you!!
Describing Contact as "an incredible, incredible experience," and "an awesome couple days making new friends," Chris Babb of The Group Tour Company in Washington, D.C., spoke to the importance of the show to him, as an owner:
"I made a lot of new business contacts, renewed my energy for working in this industry. As an owner of a business in this industry there are very few industry meetings where you actually get a chance to talk to other owners, other people who are making decisions in this industry, to learn best practices, to talk about hiring practices, the expansion of business. It’s just an amazing friendly environment, with no pressure, just a lot of learning more about the industry."
More highlights from Contact are below and you can see each captured moment on Facebook (be sure tag yourself and your colleagues).
- Attendees were welcomed to the San Diego Zoo Icebreaker by the hungry roar of a male lion—a sound so primal you could feel it in your chest.
- The China Market Forum was standing room only.
- Takeaways from Kelly MacDonald’s educational sessions were the talk of the luncheon following.
- A newbie to NTA and Contact said the speed-dating session was a great introduction to NTA.
- Fun(d) Run participants rose with the sun for a stroll, jog or run along the beautiful San Diego Bay.
- Each get-together gave the group plenty of time to visit with each other, share stories, laugh and delve into deeper conversations.
- From before-dinner drinks through to dessert, the progressive dinner was a delightful take on a Dine-around event.
- At SeaWorld on the final night, after dinner and time to explore the magic of the park, the group gathered on a private outdoor patio to watch the fireworks together and say good-bye to San Diego.
We’re already looking forward to Contact ’13—aren’t you? We hope you’ll join us next year in Hawai‘i, The Big Island. Aloha!