NTA in good company at IPW
April 15, 2019
NTA will be in good company at IPW in Anaheim, California, June 1–5. Or, more accurately: Good companies will be with NTA representatives in the association’s booth at IPW, an international trade show that showcases the United States as a premier travel destination.
“We’ll be joined by 12 NTA members representing 10 companies,” said Morgan Maravich, CTP, NTA’s director of partnerships and engagement. “By having this number—and this diversity— of members in our booth, it shows what NTA represents and how operators can do business with our members.”
Jerry Varner, owner of Making Memories Tours in Washburn, Missouri, is attending IPW for the first time. “There’s a saying, ‘You don’t know what you don’t know,’ but by sharing the expense with NTA, my ‘tuition’ for learning this market is considerably less,” he said. “Being with NTA at IPW gives me a chance to network and share with folks around the world what services we can provide.”
Another NTA member, Harry Wade of Duty Free Americas, has joined forces with NTA at several IPW shows. He has a specific strategy in mind.
“I make a point of sitting next to Lin (Wang), to gain as much knowledge about the China market from him and to develop relationships with as many Chinese operators as I can,” said Wade, tourism marketing manager for the New York-based company. “Simply put, that’s the main reason I go.”
Wang is director of China services for NTA, carrying forward the association’s long and productive role as a leader in the Chinese inbound leisure tourism market.
Here’s the complete list of NTA members attending IPW as part of the NTA co-op:
- Alyssa Keshel, American Music Theatre; Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Harry Wade, Duty Free Americas; Grand Island, New York
- Christian Wentworth, Fairfield CVB; Fairfield, California
- Roy Peterson and Emily Milligan, Fly My Group; Bozeman, Montana
- Jodi Merritt, H & L Charter Company; Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Jerry Varner, Making Memories Tours; Washburn, Missouri
- Theresa Smullen, Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Kayla Cropper and Emily Farman, OExplora; Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
- Kayla Halchak, Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum; Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Sally Liu, TTS Traveling Co.; El Monte, California
For more information about cooperative efforts with NTA, email Maravich at firstname.lastname@example.org.