NTA: Community Counts
Nobody should go it alone. And in NTA, packaged travel professionals don’t have to. NTA members partner to create magical, memorable itineraries. We are the parts and pieces of multiday tours. Together we create, collaborate, cogitate—and cash in.
Together, we form a strong community.
Community counts when you need …
Welcome to NTA—the leading global association for packaged travel. We connect tourism professionals working the North American market—inbound, outbound, and within the continent. That’s your market, right?
• Tour operators
NTA tour operators create, buy, and sell packaged travel and serve people traveling to, from, and within North America. NTA operators also may offer receptive services to other operators.
• Travel advisors
NTA travel advisors are for-profit entities whose primary business is selling tours and packages of a tour operator or third party.
Destinations are represented by DMOs (nonprofit destination marketing organizations); convention and visitors bureaus; chambers of commerce; and state, provincial, and national travel/tourism offices.
• Tour suppliers
Tour suppliers are components of a tour or travel package, such as hotels, attractions, restaurants, cruise lines, transportation companies, and other experience providers.
This membership category applies to non-travel industry applicants. Companies offering a product, service, tool, or resource that benefits NTA members in areas such as insurance, marketing, technology, and printing should apply to become associate members.
Other key ingredients
The Affiliate member category allows individuals to access and connect to the NTA community as they seek employment in the travel and tourism industry.
This membership category is for any individual who engages in educational or research activities related to travel and tourism.
This membership class is designed to engage younger generations or career changers who are actively enrolled in programs such as travel, tourism, hospitality, or related degrees.
• Tour directors and tour guides
With the recent alignment between NTA and the International Tour Management Institute, this membership class allows individuals to engage and network year-round with professionals associated with ITMI.
Intel and Ideas
Webinars and Seminars
• Certified Tour Professional designation
• In-person seminars and roundtables
• Member networking zooms
• Third Thursday online sessions
In your inbox
• Courier Spotlight
• Routes of Faith
• Tuesday weekly e-newsletter
Only with NTA
• Faith Travel Association
• NTA Online
NTA is about people—making connections and doing business. We specialize in sharing new ideas, opening markets, and developing relationships for our members—travel professionals just like you.
• Travel Exchange
NTA’s annual convention is a miraculous mashup of business development and relationship building that brings tourism professionals from all industry sectors together in one location. The event features buyers of all sizes, certified tour directors and guides, and tour suppliers and DMOs that represent the latest product on the market.
NTA’s annual buyer retreat is where tour operator and travel advisor members gather to build their businesses, discuss industry trends, and grow their network in an intimate setting. It’s also a place to hear ideas for future product development from the suppliers and DMOs who attend through sponsorship.
NTA’s online community platform, available 24/7, allows members to share information, pitch product, discuss best practices, and troubleshoot challenges.
• NTA Online member search
An NTA member profile contains the information current and potential partners need to know: who you are, where you are, and what you or your business can offer customers (and NTA colleagues!). Members can easily download search results as solid lead lists for tour operators, travel agents, DMOs, tour suppliers, and associates.
NTA has members from more than 35 countries, and we are continually expanding our reach through strategic partnerships and new markets. This gives you access to the most authentic travel experiences in the industry. NTA tour operators package a variety of product to serve the diverse needs of their customers. Here are the top five, listed with the percentage of NTA’s tour companies that offer them. (We track 19 different markets and travel types, so this only scratches the surface!)
• National Parks: 76%
• Events: 75%
• Historic/Heritage: 74%
• Culinary: 63%
• Family: 61%
NTA’s membership is unparalleled in its opportunities for experiential tour product. Our suppliers include attractions, restaurants, hotels, outfitters, airlines, cruise lines, and railroads, while our destination members cover everything from rural communities and bustling cities to states, provinces, and countries.
NTA’s nine member categories help you connect with the right partners. Whether you specialize in creating tours and FIT travel, crafting authentic experiences, putting heads in beds, offering receptive services, providing business solutions, or promoting what makes your destination unique, NTA helps you seal the deal.
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015