Product Development Trips
Want to expand your destination options but don’t know where to begin? Start by going there! NTA’s product development trips help tour operators experience a destination so they know exactly how to package and sell the product. These educational trips provide operators with an opportunity to personally meet with local suppliers for the purpose of developing, enriching and expanding their offerings. Destinations and suppliers, host our next PDT to highlight what’s new in your area and market your product through personal experience.
2019 Faith Travel Association PDTs
We're excited to announce two FTA Product Development Trips for 2019! The first is held June 23-27, and will take U.S. and Canadian tour operators to the Fátima-Ourém area in Portugal’s central region. The trip is organized and sponsored by ACISO-Associação Empresarial Ourém-Fátima.
The second trip is to Armenia and will take place Sept. 20-27. Organized by Solimar International, it's open to North American FTA tour operators as a benefit of FTA membership. If you are not currently an FTA member, take advantage of the trip’s special pricing, which includes membership.
Learn About Past PDTs
- Arizona, Nov. 13–18, 2016: View a recap from Courier
- Croisi Europe, July 23–27, 2016: View photos
- Alabama, April 13–15, 2016: View photos
- Canada, Oct. 3–11, 2015: View photos
- Ethiopia, Sept. 24–Oct. 3, 2014: View photos
- Bavaria, Germany and Czech Republic, Oct. 10–18, 2013: View a recap from Courier
- Holy Land, Feb. 10–22, 2013: View a recap from Courier
- Morocco, Oct. 20–30, 2012: View a recap from Courier
- Slovakia, May 11–16, 2012: View a recap from Courier
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015