Hispanic Travel Market Facts
- U.S. Hispanics represent more than $56 billion in leisure travel annually.
- Hispanics are the fastest growing demographic in the United States. (Source: eMarketer Hispanics)
- Hispanics travel in larger groups and spend more per trip than the general population. (Source: Mandela Research)
- The Hispanic market represents 16 percent of the U.S. population. (Source: Pew Hispanic Center)
- Purchasing power of Hispanics is forecasted to grow from $1 trillion in 2010 to $1.5 trillion in 2015. (Source: Selig Center for Economic Growth).
- Hispanics represent one in every six Americans. (Source: The Voice of Hispanic Marketing)
- While many populations are aging, the fastest growing segment of the Hispanic market is under 30 years old. (Source: Western Public Research)
- Approximately 31 percent of Hispanics travel in a group of four or more, compared with the general population’s 25 percent that travels in groups of four or more. (Source: Mandela Research)
- Hispanics are more likely to travel with children and to travel with more than two adults than the general population. (Source: Mandela Research)
What to Know about Hispanic Travel
Speaking with cultural relevance includes using social media and a varietyof websites that Hispanics use to stay connected with their roots, family and home countries. Social media also is how a significant number of Hispanics gain ideas for travel.
What is the Hispanics in Travel Caucus?
The Hispanics in Travel Caucus brings together professionals, executives, organizations and thought-leaders involved in the Hispanic travel market. The goals of the caucus: 1) to meet and connect with industry colleagues involved in Hispanic travel; 2) discuss trends, challenges and opportunities in Hispanic travel; 3) exchange strategies, insight and ideas meaningful to the marketplace; and 4) build a coalition of NTA Hispanic travel leaders, members and delegates NTA has hosted several Hispanics in Travel Caucuses.
NTA and ThinkNow Research
NTA has a relationship with ThinkNow Research, a leading Hispanic Market research company. Together we are working to provide NTA members with the latest travel trends, research and studies in the Hispanic marketplace. Download the Hispanic Travel and Vacation Trends study, published by ThinkNow Research which covers the travel and vacation habits of U.S. Hispanics.
Hispanic Travel Market Web Section
NTA features a section on NTAonline.com dedicated to providing information and educational resources about the Hispanic travel marketplace. NTA Hispanic Market Advisory Group NTA has a volunteer leadership advisory group dedicated to promoting the importance of working with and understanding the Hispanic market.
As Seen in Courier
NTA and the Hispanic Travel Market in the News
Seminars, Forums & Webinars
Hispanic Travel Trends: Increase your Share of the Hispanic Travel
Market with Presentation 2015
Hispanics in Travel Caucus with Presentation 2015
Hispanics in Travel Caucus 2014
The Four Ps to Success in the Hispanic Market 2013
Hispanics in Travel Caucus 2013
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015