Call for Best Practice Submissions
July 8, 2009
Sustainable Travel International and NTA are collecting examples of industry leaders and innovators who are actively implementing sustainable tourism strategies for a series of Member Profiles that will appear in Tuesday and possibly other NTA publications.
Best practices submissions should profile how your company is protecting the environment, preserving cultural heritage and or contributing to economic development. By definition, a best practice is a process, technique, or innovative use of resources that results in outstanding and measurable improvement in the operation or performance of your business.
If you would like to showcase your knowledge and how your company is making a difference, send your 250-word submissions to Brian Mullis at email@example.com. Questions you may want to address include:
- Please provide a description of your best practices, including detailed information and highlights, related policies, etc.
- What was the genesis of this best practice?
- How has it helped your company achieve its goals and objectives?
- What measurable/tangible results have resulted from your best practices?
- What are the benefits to the company, your guests, and the destinations where you operate?
- What were the challenges that you encountered in implementing your program, and how did you overcome them?
- What lessons did you learn from the implementation of your best practices that could be helpful to others?
We look forward to hearing from you and promoting your company!