Catch Greater Des Moines Hidden Gems
Market Focus: Culinary and Agritourism
Sept. 27–30, 2017
Des Moines is the perfect group travel destination and a best kept secret of the Midwest. Experience eateries made famous on TV and learn about the impact central Iowa makes on the world. We want your taste buds to experience what Greater Des Moines is made of. A city with flavor. And a city with a food scene that is heating up! Attendees will also see the entire process starting with the agriculture and science behind the food while in Ames.
If you’re interested in applying to join the PDT, please submit your application before June 30, 2017.
More details & how to apply
- See full itinerary
- Apply online
- For more info, email NTA Director of Conventions & Events Dawn Pettus.
The fine print
This PDT is open to tour operator members of NTA and applicants must be approved by the Greater Des Moines CVB. Cost to participate is $175 which must be paid to NTA.
- Travel Exchange is worth every penny. The networking is great, and there is always business to be made to show ROI for your decision makers. The investment is worth the reward. Cory Mace, Badger Bus
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- You guys at NTA have the best bunch of members I have ever come across. I had one of my best shows ever. Everybody was so nice and welcoming, and the organization of the event was spectacular. I am so happy to be a member and be assured of my continued support in the future. Bernard O'Reilly, Joe O'Reilly Ireland DMC
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015