NTA Young Professionals
NTA Top 5 Young Professionals Award
The NTA Young Professionals Advisory Group introduced the NTA Top 5 Young Professionals Award last year at Travel Exchange ’17 in St. Louis. We’re excited to select five more deserving YPs to receive the award at TREX17 in San Antonio, Dec. 14–18. See below the eligibility requirements and then click the blue “nominate” button.
Nominating a YP is easy, simply:
NTA Top 5 YP Eligibility and Selection Process
- NTA member 40 years of age or younger.
- Can be nominated by any NTA member
- Only one candidate per organization
- Demonstrates commitment and passion for the industry
- Recognized for leadership and efforts beyond their job
- Attended at least one NTA event (Travel Exchange, Contact, Meet-up, Destination Capitol Hill)
Nomination & Selection Process
If selected as a finalist, the nominee must provide a brief (500 words or less) essay describing what makes them a top NTA YP. Have they completed continuing education, such as the CTP program? Do they sit on any NTA committees? How have they put in effort that goes beyond their job description? How have they impacted the travel industry? Have they volunteered for any NTA events?
The NTA YP group will select the winners with final approval from the NTA Board of Directors. Awards will be presented at Travel Exchange ’17 in San Antonio during a luncheon. Award winners will be published in Courier.
2017 NTA Top 5 Young Professionals
At Travel Exchange ’17 in St. Louis we presented the NTA Top 5 Young Professionals Awards for the very first time. Our inaugural winners are pictured below.
From left to right: Dave Nitkiewicz, Experience Grand Rapids; Michelle Tupman, Great Canadian Holidays Inc.; Lisa Itel, Travel Oregon; LouAnna Henton, Nashville CVB; Fraser Neave, Wells Gray Tours Ltd.
2017 NTA Young Professionals Advisory Group
To advise on networking, benefits, education, and business opportunities that will be of specific interest to young professionals, e.g. millennials and Gen Xers.
- Chair | Melissa McClure, Visit Fairfax
- Jennifer Adu, Wyoming Office of Tourism
- Patrick Bourque, York County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Stephanie Dilling, Well Gray Tours, Ltd.
- Greg Dotson, Merlin Entertainments
- Roger Dudley, Experience Columbus
- Julie Elias, Academic Travel Abroad
- Jordan Hathaway, Embassy Suites Seattle/North Lynnwood
- Alfonso Hernandez, Five Star Tours
- Ashley Kingman, Travel Portland
- Cleon McMillan, National Geographic Museum
- Michelle Murphy, The Red Lion Inn
- Dave Nitkiewicz, Experience Grand Rapids
- Bob Schwartz, Boston Duck Tours
- Joshua Smith, Millennials in Travel
- Michelle Tupman, Great Canadian Holidays, Inc.
- Peter Waugh, Broadway Inbound
YP Meet-up at Travel Exchange ’17 in San Antonio
All young professionals of NTA are welcome to join us for our YP Meet-up at Travel Exchange ’17 in San Antonio.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 16
- Time: 6:30 p.m.
- Where: TBD
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015