Product Development Trips
Want to expand your destination options but don’t know where to begin? Start by going there! NTA’s product development trips help tour operators experience a destination so that they know exactly how to package and sell the product. In addition, these educational trips provide operators with an opportunity to personally meet with local suppliers for the purpose of developing, enriching and expanding their overall offerings.
Catch Greater Des Moines Hidden Gems
Sept. 27–30, 2017 | Culinary and Agritourism
Catch a ride to central Iowa and discover the world-class attractions and culinary hot spots awaiting your group! Discover the hidden gems for a memorable experience perfectly packaged for your group!
Travel With Your Industry Peers and NTA Staff, and Come Back Refreshed, Excited and Inspired.
NTA product-development trips offer amazing opportunities for tour operators and suppliers.
- Des Moines, Iowa: Sept. 27–30, 2017
Learn About Past PDTs
- Arizona, Nov. 13–18, 2016: View a recap from Courier
- Croisi Europe, July 23–27, 2016: View photos
- Alabama, April 13–15, 2016: View photos
- Canada, Oct. 3–11, 2015: View photos
- Ethiopia, Sept. 24–Oct. 3, 2014: View photos
- Bavaria, Germany and Czech Republic, Oct. 10–18, 2013: View a recap from Courier
- Holy Land, Feb. 10–22, 2013: View a recap from Courier
- Morocco, Oct. 20–30, 2012: View a recap from Courier
- Slovakia, May 11–16, 2012: View a recap from Courier
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015