Travel Exchange ’17 Events
Icebreaker at City Museum
Sunday, Feb. 26, 7–10 p.m.
Sponsored by Explore St. Louis
We’re kicking off Travel Exchange at City Museum and trust us, it’s not like any museum you’ve been to before. Come prepared to play because this quirky, interactive attraction offers a surprise at every turn. Housed in a former shoe factory, the museum features 10 floors of fun, including a circus act, multi-floor slides, caves, shoelace factory, tree house, aquarium and so much more! You won’t want to miss this unique playground for the young and young at heart.
New Member Mixer
Monday, Feb. 27, 6–7 p.m.
Sponsored by Ottawa Tourism
NTA’s new members and first-time attendees are welcomed to head over to Ballpark Village before the Opening Day Party for a “pre-party” of sorts. Invitations were sent by email to RSVP for the New Member Mixer. This social hour will be the perfect opportunity for you to mingle with your fellow new members and get to know NTA leadership.
Opening Day Party at Ballpark Village
Monday, Feb. 27, 7–10 p.m.
Sponsored by Ballpark Village
Wear your favorite baseball team’s jersey or apparel.
“Take me out to the ball park, take me out to the game!” Ballpark Village, located adjacent to Busch Stadium, celebrates sports in general and the game of baseball specifically. Attendees will enjoy several dining and entertainment options (did someone say mechanical bull?) as well as the opportunity to catch the game of your choice on one of the many screens placed throughout the complex. Attendees can also tour the St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum to learn more about one of baseball’s most storied franchises.
FTA Member Breakfast
Tuesday, Feb. 28, 7–8 a.m.
Sponsored by Ed-Ventures, Inc. and Brumley Music Company
FTA members only
Click to RSVP
Join us Tuesday morning for a hot, plated breakfast with your fellow FTA members. The keynote speaker will be Aziz Abu Sarah of Mejdi Tours.
Tuesday, Feb. 28, 5:30–6:15 p.m.
Sponsored by Aon Affinity Berkley Travel and Hilmar Cheese Company Visitor Center
Wine and cheese are the featured items at this all-member gathering, which will take place on the show floor following Tuesday’s business appointments. In addition to enjoying samples, you can don fedoras and fascinators, sure to enhance your already stylish attire. Following the festiveness, you can continue your culinary exploration during the evening’s Dine-around event.
Young Professionals Meet-up
Tuesday, Feb. 28, 6:30–8 p.m.
Sponsored by Ottawa Tourism
Come hang out at the Marriott Grand Bar with NTA young professionals before the Tuesday night Dine-around. Enjoy the cash bar as you make new friends and business connections.
Government Relations Breakfast Bistro
Wednesday, March 1, 8–9 a.m.
Sponsored by The Group Tour Company and the NTA Owners Network
Enjoy a hot breakfast and support NTA’s government relations efforts at the same time. This ticketed breakfast ($50 per person) will update NTA members on issues impacting the tourism industry (and your business) and award one tireless NTA government relations leader with the prestigious James D. Santini Award. Our keynote will be from Donald Leadbetter, the recently appointed national tourism program manager at the U.S. National Park Service. Come hear what’s happening in tourism at our national treasures! All proceeds benefit NTA’s Government Issues Fund to further support NTA’s presence in Washington, D.C. To purchase a ticket or a table, please contact NTA Headquarters.
Hispanic Travel Market Fiesta
Wednesday, March 1, 5:15–6:30 p.m.
Sponsored by Norwegian Cruise Line
Click to RSVP
This is your opportunity to socialize with fellow NTA colleagues working the Hispanic travel market. It’s also your opportunity to start your night of fun early before Tourism Rocks. Enjoy festive food and drink and a Mariachi band as you make new business connections and friendships. RSVP to NTA headquarters today!
Wednesday, March 1, 9:30 p.m.–12:30 a.m.
Sponsored by Hard Rock Cafe International, Las Vegas CVA and Best Western Hotels & Resorts
Party the night away and support Tourism Cares at Hard Rock Cafe St. Louis! Tourism Rocks is the travel industry’s biggest and best dance party, and it’s for a great cause. What’s not to love? Tour operators attend as guests of the sponsors, and DMOs and suppliers may purchase their tickets in advance for $40 from NTA by calling +1.859.264.6540. Tickets will be available on-site at Convention for $50 (based on availability) at the Tourism Cares booth.
Closing Night Party at Anheuser-Busch
Thursday, March 2, 7–10 p.m.
Sponsored by Budweiser Brewery Experience
We can’t leave St. Louis without a visit to the iconic Anheuser-Busch Brewery, one of the largest and oldest breweries in the nation. Attendees can enjoy The Biergarten, tours of the campus to learn the history and process of brewing beer and have your photo taken with one of the world famous Budweiser Clydesdales. Come raise a glass to your fellow TREX17 attendees and toast the end of a productive week!
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015