NTA China Inbound Program
NTA is your verified source for U.S. inbound travel resources and the leader in facilitating Chinese leisure group travel to the United States. Since 2007 private sector travel associations based in the U.S. have been permitted to submit lists of qualified tour operators to the China National Tourism Administration. The associations must attest that these operators can ensure the highest quality experience for visitor groups. This is the most secure and most rewarding method of attracting visitors from China to your business.
NTA is the only U.S.-based trade association with a tour operator qualification program approved by the China National Tourism Administration. By joining the China Inbound Program, members can learn about Chinese leisure travel to the U.S., and tour operators can complete the application to participate in this special program.
Use the following resources to learn more about this NTA initiative:
- China Inbound Program — Registered Tour Companies.
- The Best of the USA — Directory for the China Market.
- Best Practices for Tour Operators Serving the China Leisure Group Travel Market.
- For assistance regarding Chinese group leisure travelers receiving visas to travel to the United States, please contact CIUbeijing@state.gov.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about non-immigrant visas to the United States, click here.
- China Travel Monitor Research Report | $799
- The China Travel Monitor program is a research study conducted by Dr. Xiang (Robert) Li with Temple University, to help the American travel industry track the growth and trends of the Chinese outbound travel market, and identify key issues in Chinese tourists’ travel experiences in the U.S.
- NTA Members can purchase the report for $649, a $150 savings.
- Sponsor future reports: email Dr. Robert Li to learn more about the benefits.
China Inbound Facts
Through NTA, the U.S. welcomes group leisure Chinese travelers. The United States and China have signed an agreement to facilitate Chinese group leisure travel to the United States. This agreement provides the necessary framework to permit group leisure travel from China to the United States. NTA currently has over 200 China inbound tour operators in its membership.
Chinese regulations restrict companies from organizing and marketing package tours for leisure purposes to countries that do not have agreements in place, often referred to as Approved Destination Status agreements (ADS). This Memorandum of Understanding fulfills this purpose without changing existing laws or policies of the United States, including the issuance of visas.
China Travel Facts and Figures:
- China ranks fifth in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2015 for both arrivals (2.6 million) and spending ($30 billion).
- In 2015, inbound travel rose 18 percent.
- China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.5 million in 2019.
- By 2021, China is projected by the U.S. National Travel and Tourism Office to become the third-largest inbound market, sending some 5.7 million visitors to U.S. destinations.
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015