Catch Greater Des Moines Hidden Gems
Market Focus: Culinary and Agritourism
Sept. 27–30, 2017
Des Moines is the perfect group travel destination and a best kept secret of the Midwest. Experience eateries made famous on TV and learn about the impact central Iowa makes on the world. We want your taste buds to experience what Greater Des Moines is made of. A city with flavor. And a city with a food scene that is heating up! Attendees will also see the entire process starting with the agriculture and science behind the food while in Ames.
If you’re interested in applying to join the PDT, please submit your application before June 30, 2017.
More details & how to apply
- See full itinerary
- Apply online
- For more info, email NTA Director of Conventions & Events Dawn Pettus.
The fine print
This PDT is open to tour operator members of NTA and applicants must be approved by the Greater Des Moines CVB. Cost to participate is $175 which must be paid to NTA.
- NTA has provided us the research and atmosphere to brainstorm new ways of doing things and fresh additions to trips, which has led to successful business development. Rachel Ranck, WorldStrides, NTA member since 1985
- What NTA does is provide the right buyers. They provide the right people who make decisions. This is what makes this organization one I can’t afford to take off my list. John Stachnik CTP, Mayflower Tours, NTA member since 1979
- I came to NTA to build a business, and that’s exactly what it did for us, as sales came in. For me, it’s the only outlet for new ideas. Matthew Squire, Select Travel Service (UK), NTA member since 2002
- NTA membership and our attendance at the convention have provided us with more clients, more business relationships and more ideas. We are proud to belong to NTA. Daniele Panzarin, Target Travel (Italy), NTA member since 2007
- The No. 1 member benefit of NTA has to be all the great professional and personal connections we’ve made over the past decade. Taunya Wolfe Finn, CTP, Wolfe Adventures & Tours, NTA member since 2005
- We have not found a more reliable, more profitable or more consistent tourism venue in which to acquire new business than NTA. Diane Hohnstein, Hospitality Management Services, NTA member since 1999
- I believe attending the NTA conferences allow me to create valuable relationships and work together with U.S. operators in creating great Scotland product. Maggie Anderson, VisitScotland, NTA member since 2003
- NTA events provide us with beneficial networking with many top tour operators. It’s national and international in scope providing a global perspective. Tim and Elaine Moulder, Brilliant Edventures, NTA member since 2015